Canton Fair - Apr 2024 - Day 3

 I woke up early again today. Got fresh and used my free breakfast coupon to chomp down a heavy meal. I was sure I would not be able to have lunch after that eating that much food. Yesterday the metro was over crowded as I left in the peak rush hour, so today I decided to leave after 9am. The metro was not as crowded and I reached the fair at about 9:40am. 


I went through all the stalls again. It was good to get some new product ideas. I wanted to check the sales volume for andriod tv sets and internal tv antenna, as there were many stalls with those products. So I found myself a table near the food hall and did a bit of a quick research. 


I then went back to the halls and got some quotes. I was also interested in getting some smart watches. There were many sellers and it looked like a good product to launch. In fact I also bought a sample for 140RMB, it looked very much like the Apple watch and I liked it a lot as well. But later in the evening I found that there was some charging issue with the watch so I went back and returned it and got my refund. I then dropped the idea of getting any more watches from the fair, although it was really tempting. Instead I bought a electronic toothbrush. 


After the day finished, I went back to the shopping mall in Tiyu Xilu as I had to buy couple more watches for Deepika. I went to the Honor store and started looking at the Honor GS4 watch. It looked really impressive and I checked the price on UK website, but the watch still had not been launched on UK. I was temped to buy it, but was still contemplating it. The sales man told me that they would take 200RMB off the price in exchange for my old GT2 watch and also give me a 50 RMB discount. So I would get the new watch for 750RMB. I took the deal. 


On top of that I bought 2 more Honor Band 9 watches. The sales man also gave me some gifts, a handheld fan, a coffee cup and a bag. I was happy with the purchase. I am sure when the GS4 is launched in UK it will be well worth over £150. 


I bought some bread and blueberry juice from a shop downstairs in the mall and had it over there. It was very filling. I then took the metro back to the hotel. I had plans to talk to the kids and Deepika and tell them all about the shopping experience today, but I was so tired that I almost immediately crashed into the bed. 

I had plans to go out and have the mangoes for a light dinner, but even they were foiled as I slept like a baby.