Yiwu - Apr 2024 - Day 7

 I got up early today and got fresh. I did not take a shower in the morning as I knew I will take a shower in the evening as I had to leave early for Shanghai tomorrow. 


I went down to have breakfast. Today I had Upma, Puri and Cholle. I did not even bother to take the freshly made omelette. The tea was also very good and I drank a couple of cups. 

I then went back to my room and did some research about the Christmas gift items. I noticed that the instant camera for kids was selling well and put it down on my list. I also found modelling clay and IQ stacking game. 


Lyn and Vivian arrived at the hotel at 9:30am and we left for District 2 today. I was looking for the things on my list plus a couple of cheap items that I can sell during Christmas. 


We went through the market and found all the items we wanted. I was about 3PM when I called it a day. There was no point waling about the mall and getting more options which will just be create noise and affect my decision. Now I had to sit down and decide what to order and when. I have a very constrained budget and I want to manage expectations correctly this time. 


I sat down in the hotel and went though the list of items and mulled over it. I went back to the room and called Deepika. I spoke to her for a while and we both agreed that we need to progress our business to the next level. We have been stuck at this stage for long time and it is time that we pushed on and move up to the next level. 


I went out for dinner and I went back to the Spice Lounge and this time I had the chicken tikka biryani. They made it specially for me as they added the chicken tikka rather than the normal chicken in the biryani. It was really delicious and I finished all of it. I was very full. I went for a walk around the block and bought a cold drink from the local store. A 500ml bottles was only 3.5RMB which is about 40p! 


I then walked for a bit more and then came back to the hotel. I finished my packing as I had to leave early tomorrow morning. I was amazed I was able to fit in everything to the hand luggage. Niki came back from school and called and she rattled on like an express train telling me all about her sports day and lunch and how she had won a superstar badge. It was so great to hear her speak with so much enthusiasm. 


After finishing my call with Niki I watched a couple of episodes of Lucifer, set the alarm for 5am and went to sleep. 



Popular Posts