Canton Fair - Apr 2024 - Day 4
I woke up a bit late today. I was about to miss breakfast downstairs so I quickly freshened up and rushed downstairs. I slept for a very long time, which goes to tell that perhaps all the tiredness finally caught up with me.
After breakfast I came back up to my room and got ready to go to the fair. I reached the fair at about 11am, and the plan today was to explore the Halls C and B. They were the ones that I had not visited and I wanted to check out what all products they were exhibiting.
It was all big electrical products and EV scooters and bikes. The problem on the day was that everybody was disassembling their stalls and there was a lot of commotion around the place.
The only dealings that were taking place were people trying to get free samples or buy a sample to take home. It was unusual that they all started before lunch time but I guess it has been a long 5 days for a lot of the exhibitors. I saw a lot of Indian crowd today, looking for larger electrical appliances like fans, heaters and kitchen appliances. Even bikes and EV scooters.
To be honest it is the worst day to visit the fair. If you ever visit the fair, there are some things to remember for next time.
1. Do your research on the products that you want to look for.
2. You need 2 full days at the fair to see all that you need to see. That is enough time.
3. Avoid the last day of the fair at all costs as it is a waste of time.
4. Day 3 and Day 4 of the fair are the best times as you can get samples if you want.
I left the fair early at about 2PM although I had planned to stay there till the evening. I refrained from buying any samples as I did not have the luggage capacity to take anything back. My flight from Shanghai was hand bag only. Again, you might want to make sure that you have a check-in baggage allowance on your way back as well.
When I reached hotel the weather changed and it started raining. I spoke to Deepika and waited for the rain to subside. I decided to go to McD for lunch. I had the spicy McChicken and a drink for lunch. On the way back I also bought couple of bottles of sugarcane juice for 10RMB.
I did not want to go out again today, so I just stayed back at the hotel and watched Lucifer on Netflix. I also took a nap. I wanted to go to the gym for a run but the hotel did not have a gym, so I stay put.
In the evening I wanted to have the mangoes so I went for a walk around the block to get them, but unfortunately I could not find them, I got some biscuits instead and came back to my room. I spoke to Niki when she came back from school and then I went to sleep.