Canton Fair - Apr 2024 - Day 5

 I had set the alarm for 6am and I woke up with the alarm today. I did not want to oversleep. I shaved and got fresh. Today was the last day at Guangzhou so I packed everything up. I managed to fit everything into the bag. Although this time I put a lot of things into the shoulder bag. 

I went down to have my breakfast, Thanks to the hotel for providing me with the free breakfast vouchers, it was really generous of them. I ate a lot and then went back to my room. I waited in my room until 11:30am and then I decided to make a move towards Guangzhou North Train Station. 


On my way I picked up the mango that I wanted to have yesterday. I knew it would be a good midday snack. I took the metro. Started at Yongtai Metro station (Line 3) and interchanged to line 9 and got off at the train station. It took me almost 45 mins to reach the station, but I was in no hurry. 


Everything was extremely smooth and easy, the security check, the directions, the waiting room etc was easy to navigate. I still had 1 hour for my train, so I waited in the waiting area and had my mango. 


To get into the platform I did not even need a paper ticket, I simply had to scan my passport at the entry gate and I was in. P.S. not all gates with scanners were working, only one was working for foreign passengers, so just make sure to queue up on that gate. The train was on time and I boarded the train and got onto my first class coach. 


The seats were much more comfortable and in fact I finished the last  couple of days diary entry on the train. I took the high speed train from G1302 Guangzhou South Train Station ( starting point) to Shanghai Hongqiou. I was in Coach 16 Seat 06D, but later swapped to a window seat on 07F. The view throughout the journey was impressive. I saw a lot of big cities with extravagant infrastructure. Just the train stations were ginormous and were highly impressive. 


As I arrived in Yiwu, Lyn had arranged a taxi for me to pick up from the railway station to the hotel. It was really convenient and I checked into the hotel at about 9PM in the evening. To my surprise there were a lot of Indians checking in as well and the hotel seemed to be completely booked by Indians. 

Anyways, I decided to go out for dinner and I had some noodles in mind, but to my surprise all the restaurants on the street were Indian. I was actually spoiled with choices. I finally decided to go to a north Indian place and I enjoyed a chicken curry and roti. 

I was very full after eating all that food. It was supposed to be shared and I had to eat it all on my own. I came back to my room and called back home and then went to sleep. 

Popular Posts